Speaker: Kelly Goto
CEO and Founder, gotoresearch
Today’s products and services must deliver immediate and real value to savvy customers with complex needs. Traditional demographics and market research use focus groups and surveys to uncover broad trends and patterns. While useful, this data does little to describe the why behind decision-making and retention. In order to get these insights, we need to conduct deeper, more meaningful research.
Rapid UX research cycles can help lean or agile teams conduct user research, pivot quickly, and iterate.
What You’ll Learn
- Utilizing rapid research techniques to answer key business questions
- Justification for small-scaled qualitative studies
- Using rigorous synthesis to create behavioral spectra
- How to create an ongoing, iterative process within your product team
- Framing the problem: a hypothesis-based approach
- Sample size: how do you know you have talked to enough people?
- Deep synthesis: open coding / data analysis
- Overall approach / sample hours / key tasks
- Innovation cycles: test concepts against actual needs quickly and effectively
- Sample output - journey maps, behavioral personas & segmentation, mental models
The link to view the online seminar will be emailed to the address used for registration.
About the Speaker
Kelly Goto is the founder and principal of gotoresearch, a digital products and services research firm. 22 years ago, she saw the need for strategy that was driven by research but still people-friendly. She has set industry-wide standards ever since for iterative processes that lead to ideal user experiences. Kelly is a pioneer in Design Ethnography, which is deep, specialized customer insight that focuses on mobile research across multiple device types. Clients include Hyundai, Nokia, Samsung, Sony, Target, Wells Fargo and Seiko Epson Japan. Her style and passion make her a popular keynote speaker, instructor and consultant on Lean Processes, Emotional UX, Design Thinking, and Getting Unstuck. Her book, Workflow That Works, is used in corporations and university curricula in 22 languages.
Available to stream instantlyWatch link provided after purchase
Included in purchaseStreamable video + PDF of slides
Valid for1 person (or conference room)
- Online Seminar
- Duration1 hour
- Included in purchaseStreamable video + PDF of slides
- Valid for1 person (or conference room)