How Accessibility Lawsuits are Driving Better Web Design
The rise in ADA litigation and what it means for today’s web designs
Speaker: Jason Taylor
Chief Innovation Strategist, UsableNet
With more than 1 billion companies conducting business online today, ADA Website lawsuits have reached a rate of one lawsuit per hour, and that number is likely to continue to rise. Jason Taylor, an expert with 20 years of experience in accessibility shares findings about what companies can learn from these lawsuits, reviewing data from claim letters and ADA website lawsuits over the past several years.
You will learn:
how these lawsuits have led to overall improvements in accessibility and web usability,
best practices and resources available to improve accessibility, and
how to integrate a disabilities committee into your design and research practice.
Defining accessibility versus usability
Top trends from more than 4,000 web accessibility lawsuits filed in 2018 and 2019
- Types of companies and industries that receive more ADA website lawsuits
- Why some industries receive more lawsuits than others
- Typical remedy requests for ADA Website lawsuit claims
How to mitigate your risk of receiving a lawsuit
- How to engage and integrate user testing with a disabilities committee
- Practical takeaways to implement now, no matter where you are in your digital accessibility journey
About the Speaker
Jason C. Taylor is the Chief Strategist and Advisor to the UsableNet CEO with 20 years of experience in usability and accessibility. He is a global technology thought leader for multichannel customer engagement, actively advising leading companies on how to extend their brands across multiple channels for all users. He has been an active member of the accessibility and usability communities since 2000 which started with leading partnerships between UsableNet, Macromedia (now Adobe) and The Nielsen Norman Group along with the product development of the UsableNet’s first Accessibility Testing platform in 2000.
- Online Seminar
- Duration1 hour
- Included in purchaseStreamable video + PDF of slides
- Valid for1 person (or conference)